We’re Recruiting – Project Officer (Research and Advocacy)
Tue 15 Dec 2020
The Australian Indigenous Governance Institute (AIGI) is an Indigenous-led national center specialising in governance knowledge and excellence. AIGI support the economic, social and cultural aspirations of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples by connecting them with world-class governance practice, research, thought leadership and educational resources.
The role of Project Officer (Research and Advocacy)
The Project Officer (Research and Advocacy) is primarily responsible for undertaking research, and preparing quality written content for various audiences based on that research. The Project Officer (Research and Advocacy) will report to the Executive Manager (Research and Advocacy) and to other members of the Executive team, depending on project allocations.
The Project Officer (Research and Advocacy) will have a strong research background and writing portfolio. The successful candidate should be detail-oriented, great at multitasking, and committed to meeting deadlines. Preference will be given to those with a strong writing portfolio, bachelor’s degree and/or relevant work experience.
Key Responsibilities include:
The Project Officer (Research and Advocacy) will have the following core responsibilities:
- Support and undertake research activities and analysis (including undertaking interviews and consultations) under limited supervision either as a member of a team, or where appropriate, independently;
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit written content relevant to AIGI’s program delivery priorities, including contributing to preparation of AIGI’s publications, consultancy reports, evaluations, manuals, conference/seminar papers, literature reviews, discussion papers, training materials, funding applications and web copy;
- Support AIGI’s advocacy strategy, identifying opportunities for AIGI input and submission including to government and other inquiries;
- Occasional administrative functions primarily connected with current AIGI research and projects;
- Project management, budget and grant development: ensuring that materials are prepared on budget and to schedule;
- Other duties as allocated by the supervisor consistent with the classification of the position.
Access the full Job Advertisement below: